Our online application link must be requested via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page is a great reference for prospective renters with questions about our application process and criteria.
Rental Application Fee(s), Required Docs, and Processing Times
- Our rental application fee is $35 per adult and can be paid online via our online application. Every adult over the age of 18 years old who will live in the property will also be required to pay an application fee and submit an application, regardless of their status pertaining to the lease. Application processing times are 2-3 business days.
- Your application fee covers the cost of a credit report from one of the national bureaus, a nationwide criminal background check, and a nationwide eviction report. Application fees are Non-Refundable and will not be credited to your required security deposit or your balance due for first month’s rent.
- A copy of your state issued ID or a federally issued passport is required.
- Income must be verified by submitting 2 months worth of paystubs if you are paid via salary or hourly wage. Self-employed applicants must submit previous years tax returns and/or a current financial statement showing sufficient funds to be able to comfortably afford the monthly rent.
- Income Requirements: We require that your gross monthly income, or gross monthly household income if applying jointly, be a minimum of 3.5 times the monthly lease amount of the property that you apply for. Bank account balances, child support payments, SSI, entitlement income, pensions, and other streams of income outside of salaried, wage, or business income can be taken into consideration when we weigh your ability to pay the monthly lease amount.
- Credit Score(s): CharMeck Properties obtains a credit report from one of the national bureaus on all applicants. Though we do not rely heavily on your credit score to determine your ability to pay rent, we look for negative items related to your rental history. Applicants with credit scores below 600 may be required to pay up to two full month’s rent as a security deposit. Applicants between a 600 and 650 may be required to pay an additional half month on top of the standard one full month’s rent for the security deposit.
Certain applicants may be exempt from our FICO score criteria on a case-by-case basis.
- Criminal Background Check: Applicants with multiple domestic violence or disturbance arrests/citations will be denied along with violent felony or misdemeanor crimes. Applicants with a felony conviction(s) will also be denied upon completion of the application process. Criminal convictions can be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Minor offenses and misdemeanor convictions do not automatically disqualify an applicant.
- Rental History: CharMeck Properties will run a nationwide eviction search that informs CharMeck Properties of any previous eviction, balance owed, or filing by a previous landlord or homeowner. Previous evictions will result in a denial.
Lease Related Policies
- Security Deposit: Security deposits must be paid in full at time of lease signing. Funds for the applicant/tenant’s security deposit must be in the form of cash, money order, or a certified bank check without exception. Security deposits normally are equal to one full month’s rent.
Applicants required to pay two month’s rent for a security deposit may have the opportunity, at the discretion of CharMeck Properties, to pay the deposit in two installments, half at the time of lease signing and half on the day of move-in.
Applicants signing a lease remotely must overnight security deposit funds along with the lease with their signature, if the lease hasn’t already been e-mailed or faxed to CharMeck Properties.
- Minimum Lease Term: We require a minimum of a 12-month lease. Any applicant pursuing a lease term longer than one year may do so upon submitting an application.
- Rent Proration and First Month’s Rent:
First month’s rent must be paid in certified funds or cash on or prior to the day of move-in. Personal checks are acceptable thereafter.
A tenant who moves in on or before the 7th of any given month is required to pay the amount owed for that month on the day of move-in.
A tenant who moves in between the 8th and the 22nd of any given month must pay a full month’s rent on the day of move-in, with a credit being issued the following month.
A tenant who moves in on the 23rd or after of any given month will be required to pay for those few days plus the next month’s rent on day of move-in.
CharMeck Properties computes the prorated days starting from the move-in date through the end of the month. Ex. Move-in of November 18th, Tenant will be charged for 13 days.
- Pet Fee(s): CharMeck Properties charges a non-refundable pet fee of $250 to $350 for each pet. Discounts for applicants with multiple pets may be accommodated on a case-by-case basis. Pet fees must be paid prior to or on the day of move-in. Tenants with pets are required to obtain renter’s insurance
CharMeck Properties LLC
227 W 4th St. STE 125 Charlotte, NC 28202
Management and Investor Services: (704)975-7167
Copyright © 2023 CharMeck Properties, LLC - All Rights Reserved.